Anstruther Golf Club was founded in 1890 and has seen many changes over the years. The initial layout comprised of 7 holes with trenches through the middle of the course and poles scattered over the greens to stop gliders landing during the war. In more peaceful times the course was extended to an excellent 9 holes which is kept in superb condition throughout the year.
The course is located 9 miles south of St Andrews and stretches along the shoreline between Anstruther and Pittenweem. The spectacular views over Anstruther Harbour and out to the Isle of May, Bass rock and south west to Edinburgh are a constant distraction. Golfers should beware of Anstruther Golf Clubs version of Amen corner which comprises a trio of challenging par 3’s starting with The Rockies (5th)
Our clubhouse caterers are The Rockies Restaurant. In addition to serving snacks and bar meals throughout the day, they provide a comprehensive lunch and dinner menu in adjoining restaurant.