CeeD Partner Event - An Introduction To Cobots for Manufacturing Food & Drink businesses
July 28, 2021, 10.00 – 11.30
Are you a small to medium-sized manufacturing business active in the Food & Drink sector?
Are you considering introducing more automated processes in to your factory setting, including the use of Cobots ?
Does this feel like a bold step in to unchartered territory ?
No doubt you have lots of questions, which may include:
- What is a Cobot ?
- When is the right time to consider a move from manual to cobot led processes?
- What kind of tasks can a Cobot perform in a F&D production line ?
- What kind of costs / investment are involved in purchasing a Cobot(s) ?
- How easy is it to programme a Cobot to perform specific tasks ?
- What kind of benefits can I expect from the introduction of a Cobot(s)?
- Is there funding available to help with investment?
The answers to all of these questions, and more, will be covered in this informative upcoming digital event.
Delivered by industry professionals in the field of Robotics, this session will help broaden your knowledge base. It will also help you move forward in making informed investment decisions.
Attendees will also gain insight to broader industry specific business support services available from Smart Hub Lanarkshire.
Meet Your Speakers:
• Roy Henderson, SP Automation & Robotics and Mark Gray, Universal Robots – What’s Possible
• Dzeti Zait, F&D Technical Development, National Manufacturing Institute Scotland (NMIS) – Technical Help Available
• Colette McMorrow, Digital Development Loan Fund – Interest Free Loan Funding for Capital / Digital Investment (to £100k)
• Barry Skea, Head of Faculty - Engineering & Automotive, New College Lanarkshire – Smart Hub Lanarkshire SME Support Offer
Who should attend:
- Owner / Managers of small to medium sized F&D manufacturing enterprises
- Finance Managers / Directors tasked with making investment decisions
- Operation Managers / Directors
- Business Improvement / Productivity Leads
- Graduate / Modern Apprentices seeking to broaden technical knowledge
- Employees keen to extend / update their Continuous Professional
- Development (CPD).
This webinar forms part of a summer series of events for manufacturing SMEs.
Register for this event with Smart Hub Lanarkshire.
This event is part of the Advancing Manufacturing Cluster Builder programme which helps Scottish SMEs access the Advancing Manufacturing Challenge Fund (AMCF) projects whose aim is to have a significant impact on advancing the manufacturing capabilities of SMEs within Scotland, leading to long-term transformational change.