The importance of understanding and correctly completing export documentation is crucial for any business trading internationally. The delay of getting the goods to your customer seriously effects your reputation and the increased costs have an influence on your profit margins. The country or customer requirements need to be recognised before an order is accepted, as some form of documentation will be required even if you sell on an ex works basis. HM Revenue and Customs will require evidence of removal and the mandatory obligations are not to be ignored even if the procedure is outsourced.
This course provides an in-depth look at export processes and requirements, giving delegates a more-detailed view of the exporting processes. Commencing with the initial enquiry, moving through the contractual and legislative requirements, and concluding with securing payment, this course delivers an end-to-end guide to exporting.
Workshop programme in detail:
· Establishing the contract and the importance of Incoterms® - and what has changed in Incoterms ® 2020
· Export Licences – rules and obligations
· Understanding Commodity Codes and how to find them
· Making an export declaration
· Duty and Customs Procedures with Economic Impact
· Authorised Economic Operator (AEO) status
· The Rules of Origin and the use of Certificates of Origin
· Preparing a Commercial Invoice include and other relevant documents
· Understanding VAT and INTRASTAT
· Getting paid using a Letter of Credit
By the end of the course, delegates will have a technical competence in the export process sufficient to enable them to make a productive contribution to the efficient working of an export office.
Who should attend:
The course is aimed at managers and staff in the accounts, export sales, and logistic departments who need to understand the technical requirements of international trade procedures.
This course is funded by InvestFife therefore places are limited to one person per company. Contact Morag at email@example.com to make a booking. This course will be delivered online via Zoom, you will need a PC with camera and microphone.